To design, manage and maintain key research systems and tools to ensure in-depth insights are derived through analytics and delivered to key stakeholders within Woolworths. With key focus on all strategic tracking studies (VOC/TNPS, NPS, Market Incidence trackers), ad hoc in-house research projects and an internally managed Woolworths customer panel. This role interfaces with the customer team and various other business units in Woolworths and need to ensure business questions are translated to purposeful insights to inform and deliver on the customer strategy.
- Continuously seek ways to improve and expand on existing capabilities to ensure cost effective solutions drive strategic decision making.
- Responsible for all analytics from main Research tracking studies, market penetration studies as well as internal transactional data for business reporting or ad hoc business requirements. Set up and continuously enhance reporting capability.
- Deliver core analytics and insights from the Woolworths VOC/Touch point NPS system. This entails ensuring representative sampling methodologies are implemented, robust responses are received through easy and simple customer processes and optimal survey design principals, reporting capabilities meet all business needs and in-depth integrated insights are delivered through proper analytics and reporting for business action-ability purposes.
- Work closely with peers in the Customer Insights and Advanced Analytics team and the broader customer teams to ensure integration of insights and in-depth data analysis deliver on core business needs. This includes presenting output of key deliverables to senior stakeholders with the aim of translating insights to valuable business propositions.
- Support the Voice of the Customer and Research Manager as well as the broader team to effectively manage demand, optimise processes and execute on a Research Centre of Excellence framework for Woolworths.
- Gather and integrate Customer insights requirements across all channels i.e. Retail, Call centre, Online, Self-service and all other supporting business areas i.e. the Customer team. Manage stakeholder expectations of the research and translate business objectives into clear research methodology and processes that deliver actionable outputs to stakeholders.
- Define and ensure sampling integrity and representivity, optimal survey design and setup, processing and analyses of data of all research studies, to deliver integrated insights for higher level strategic input. This also includes building and managing/maintaining a research panel within Woolworths to drive cost effective insights generation.
- A minimum 5 yrs. experience in an analytical role specializing in strategic insights (research and analytics), data manipulation, interpretation, and report writing.
- A 3 to 4 year Degree/Diploma in Commerce, Science or Business Science or any related field of study (e.g. Econometrics /Statistics) is essential.
- Ability to translate large volumes of data into simple insights that drive seamless customer engagement.
- Analytical aptitude in cloud based analytical environments and associated services/tools.
- Outcome-focused – works efficiently to deliver outcome focused target.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working with research agencies, implementing research tracking studies & robust research/insights systems and processes. Expertise in data analysis and insights formulation utilising various sources of information.
- Quality and service orientated, attentive to needs of customers and other stakeholders.
- Evidence based thinking – identifies core issues by examining evidence gathered from relevant sources.
- Experience in designing, re-designing, implementing and managing robust research systems, studies and panels.
- Technical aptitude in research tools and methodologies – qualitative and quantitative.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer data management, data analytics in an insights and customer research environment, preferably in the Retail sector.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A