Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Degree, Dove personal care products, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals, we have defined seven pillars, underpinned by targets encompassing social, environmental and economic areas. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/ or http://www.unilever.ca/sustainable-living/.
- Lead and direct process improvement, problem solving and crisis management within the business unit relating to operating issues including equipment selection and layout.
- Motivate, train, and develop teammates within the business unit.
- Communicate progress, changes, and new products to other functions both internally and externally.
- Establish and execute medium and long-term strategies, goals, and improvements of the business unit that reduce cost of goods, working capital, and manufacturing cycle time, while improving customer service.
- Drive WCM (World Class Manufacturing) initiatives to achieve work efficiencies.
- Maintain safe systems of work within the business unit.
- Drive leadership through people management, discipline, development, promotions, motivating within a changing environment.
- Achievement of operational measures and goals, i.e. customer service, inventory, throughput, Etc..
- Coordinating integration of new products, technologies, and significant plant changes.
- Effectively lead, coach, and motivate incumbents throughout the department.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems, strong analytical and technical thought process.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective presentation skills.
- Effective influence skills and ability to handle interpersonal issues effectively.
- Encourages and supports teamwork, and participates willingly as a team player.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business.
- 3+ years’ supply chain/Logistics experience, preferable in a manufacturing environment, with direct supervisory experience.
- Understanding of GMP’s, safety and housekeeping requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raeford, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A