We have a great opportunity for a Material Controller to provide inventory control and expediting for the relevant asset area ensuring all materials required for maintenance, Projects and related functions are delivered on time, keeping inventory levels within targets.
- Ensure all inventory master data is kept up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with statutory obligations, operational standards and safety and security risks.
- Compliance with Materials Management policies, processes and toolkits to facilitate good practice, maximising business benefits and compliance with corporate governance across LU that’s scalable to TfL.
- Use of appropriate systems to support Materials and Plant Management to deliver process and data efficiencies.
- Develop a de-expediting system to support stock optimisation.
- Undertake stock control and expediting of designated groups of stock items to ensure optimum holding to meet availability requirements in a timely manner.
- Deliver the end to end approach to Materials Management, in collaboration with LU Commercial and Stakeholders.
- Accountable for being an authentic role model for diversity and inclusion. Driving positive and progressive change within the team to achieve measurable improvements in diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to maximise stock availability to meet customer demand.
- Develop an expediting system to ensure on time deliveries to meet business demands.
- Assist with continuous improvement agendas for materials and purchasing activities.
- Experience of running MRP/ERP systems
- Proficiency in the use of IT applications. eg. MS Office, Excel, SAP, Maximo
- Ability to analyse complex data and formulate appropriate plans for improvement.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in a Materials Management function carrying out inventory management
- Good business and financial acumen.
- Experience and understanding of supply chain processes
- Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels, including both external and internal stakeholders, in a positive and consistent manner.
- Experience within the transport industry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A