The Quality Engineer, Castings/CNC will be responsible for providing on time support to our internal or external customers on Quality Improvement opportunities for Aluminum High Pressure Die Casting and Machining processes. The role will monitor our manufacturing processes, quality data systems, first pass yield, scrap and continuous improvement opportunities in order to implement the best practices in our operation on a daily basis.
- Improve part quality, yield, process capability and cost of vehicle body castings
- Support production and customers on continuous improvement opportunities.
- Lead review and disposition of identified potential non-conforming product.
- Lead internal auditing processes for quality assurance and compliance
- Lead product containment activities and arrange for disposition
- Improve control systems to detect and prevent non-conformances
- Ensure part conformance and compliance to standards and specifications by championing Control Plans, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Product Design Reviews, Inspection Standards, Testing and Rework Methods, Work Instructions, and Technical Specifications.
- Improve incoming material quality through effective supplier management
- Validate nw processes and products
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fremont, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A