This leadership position contributes to Starbucks’ success by supporting the Global Concepts design group to create outstanding designs that uphold our company values while crafting the Starbucks Experience. Your primary mission is to create, innovate, elevate, mentor, inspire and lead the projects and individuals of the studio. The role encompasses collaboration cross-functionally with various business units, oversight of and holistic design process; inclusive of all phases of design from schematic through construction documents and administration; while honoring budget, schedule and operational requirements aligned with strategic business needs. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Take a bold and committed approach to the work and team.
- Inspire, mentor and lead teams of environmental designers of various experience levels in a hands-on, positive, and engaged manner which responds to the business aspirations of the brand.
- Lead, influence and support design ideas, conversations and directions across the organization, including strategy, operational innovation, program management, field operations, store development group and other cross-functional business owners.
- Executes design strategy of Starbucks projects, programs and initiatives in alignment with leadership goals.
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication of direction and alignment to/for team members.
- Practice a holistic integration of Industrial and Spatial Design disciplines and principles (industrial design, architecture and interiors)
- Elevate design and uphold the aspirations and rapid evolution of a global and enduring brand.
- Design and author highly influential programs and projects with specific and broad reaching applications.
- Proposes holistic design and resource solutions for work content and work flow with the Sr. Studio Manager.
- Provides forward thinking design, experiences & ideation to concepts projects.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Strives to continually drive projects forward in both a strategic and tactical way.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A