Website Rand Water
The successful incumbent will be responsible to assist the Supervisor by taking samples, record pump readings on a log sheet and stop/start sludge pumps. General cleaning of the Sludge pump house, toilets, change rooms, eating facilities, pumps, motors and pipe work. Monitor/operate sump pumps to prevent flooding of Sludge Pump House. Clean sludge screens.
- Wearing PPE and adhering to Safety rules and regulations and reporting any unsafe acts to the Supervisor.
- Take regular sludge samples
- Monitor and operate sump pumps to prevent flooding of Engine Room.
- General housekeeping at the Sludge Plant by sweeping of floors, removing spider webs, cleaning of windows, cleaning up of weeds immediately around the sludge plant
- Sludge screens cleaning. Operating of the Sludge pumps by stop/start of sludge pumps as per Supervisor instructions. Recording of readings on a log sheet and sent to Laboratory.
- General assistance during Sludge Plant shutdowns and present sludge samples to Supervisor for density tests
- Cleaning of Sludge Pumps motors and pipe work.
- Safety training
- Able to work on suspended floors.
- Grade 12
- Basic understanding of the water treatment process.
Company: Rand Water
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vereeniging
Application Deadline: N/A