Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
In this role, there are no direct reports; rather people and other resources are managed indirectly as part of a project team with limited supervision and guidance. External contacts are typically limited to overseeing contractors and providing information to third parties.
- Develops and defines project scope and objectives.
- Develops, monitors and updates the project cash flow and financial forecasts.
- Ensures all specialized materials are ordered in a timely manner.
- Establishes and leads project teams with agreed-upon roles and responsibilities.
- Assesses project risk and formulates mitigating contingency plans.
- Adjusts project scope, with project sponsor approval, and schedules as appropriate to accommodate change.
- Completes multiple projects concurrently.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Communicates project status on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
- Manages dates, operations, tasks and scheduling in current software system.
- Identifies and communicates lessons learned and incorporates prior lessons learned as best practices into projects.
- Implements quality standards, reviews project deliverables and communicates variances accordingly.
- Obtains commitment on detailed work plans, including schedule, cost, resource, contingency and communication plans.
- Ensures project documentation is maintained.
- Identifies project performance issues, analyzes and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Ability to forecast and manage costs and schedules based on project assignments
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver’s License (or higher) by Day 1 of hire
- Strong communications and analytical skills
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to lead group meetings effectively, influence others and build agreement.
Problem resolution and decision-making ability – shows initiative and good judgment in resolving issues
- 1 year of experience in project management, project controls, engineering and/or construction if
- PG&E; 2 years if outside hire
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to work with both internal and external customers/clients
- Business computer skills, such as Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Emphasis on Excel, Word, and MS Project)
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A