Website Old Mutual
This role requires expertise in all matters / laws relating to Section 37C of the Pension Funds Act. The individual applies this knowledge, skill & experience (acquired through specialization in this field over many years) in an operational environment through own efforts.
- Consistent compliant process execution through the exercise of discretion and sound judgment with regards to investigations and allocations of death benefits.
- Probing skills & ability to interrogate information through professional interviews.
- Maintaining a tight case management audit trail in respect of all duties performed (which includes formal report compilation for each case).
- Consults with legal advisers & the liaison to the Death Claims Sub-committee regarding complex and technical-legal matters.
- Ad hoc tasks.
- Sound & defensible reasoning.
- Ability to understand, interpret & apply various pieces of legislation to sets of facts.
- Attends to objections received from dependents/nominees/interested parties by writing explanatory letters in which the Pension Funds Act and the benefit allocation decision are explained.
- Ratification of investigations and recommendations of junior investigators.
- Complying to the provisions of the Pension Funds Act and the Rules of the Fund.
- Recommendation / decision – making in respect of death benefit allocations & mode of payment.
- Working knowledge of Old Mutual internal systems (Omunet, Compass, AWD, Craft etc.)
- At least 5 years’ specialization in respect of Section 37C of the Pension Funds Act in terms of
- Sharp servicing of all claim stakeholders.
- Disciplined planning / organizing skills & execution of duties.
- Detail focused, thorough, analytical, and diligent.
- Sound consultation, collaboration & influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in this field.
- Identification & investigation of dependants & nominees.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pinelands
Application Deadline: N/A