Website Old Mutual
The role is in the Product Development and Pricing team. This team focuses on the new Savings and Income (S&I) product range due to be launched. This new range provides a complete range of Savings wrappers and Annuity options to customers throughout the Old Mutual Retail Market.
- Supporting the proposition management function with technical actuarial work.
- Building and maintaining actuarial models including pricing models
- Assessing and recommending decisive action relating to customer value for money.
- Ensuring client correspondence and marketing material are consistent with product rules.
- Documentation, including remuneration and fee specifications as well as pricing approvals.
- Automating of processes and reports using programming/coding techniques.
- Product development and implementation, including system testing.
- Investigations related to product rules, business optimization and feasibility studies, including product strategy.
- At least 2 years work experience in a product development environment.
- Knowledge of Old Mutual’s Retail Savings and Income products for the Personal Finance segment,
- IT platforms and processes advantageous.
- Able to complete tasks within agreed timelines with limited guidance.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience and knowledge of actuarial models used to support the above-mentioned products.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Motivated self-starter who shows initiative, is proactive and looks for ways to improve existing processes.
- High levels of drive, energy and innovation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and across teams.
- Willing to learn and grow.
- Ability to plan and prioritize.
- Actuarial student with minimum of 9 actuarial credits.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A