Website Old Mutual
Accountable for the continued development and implementation of an effective enterprise risk management strategy across the African businesses that incorporates the shareholder’s risk appetite and achieves a profitable balance between risk and reward by promoting a positive risk culture
- Deliver the operational success measures while identifying opportunities and / or implementing initiatives to drive greater efficiencies within Rest of Africa and / or across the Old Mutual Group.
- Ensure effective representation of Rest of Africa on local risk and industry bodies.
- Persuade line 1 management and risk owners to participate actively in the defining of risk profiles, setting of risk appetite, measurement, control and mitigation of risks.
- This involves educating the business on the benefits of risk management by partnering with the subsidiary and Rest of Africa boards, senior management and industry institutions to bring about an effective change to the enterprise risk management framework.
- Hold senior management accountable for maintaining exceptional customer service and desired outputs across all business processes and systems while ensuring the regulatory and Old Mutual
- Group’s internal risk requirements are met.
- Convey complex risk information to the subsidiary and Rest of Africa Boards, senior management and key external stakeholders at the right time to create an understanding on how to effectively manage risks better and promote a positive risk culture throughout the organisation.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Proven track record of communicating, influencing and delivering through others.
- Adaptable and able to cope with a dynamic environment.
- Have solid business acumen.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience, with at least 3 years at senior management level) in risk management techniques from risk identification, evaluation, managing and monitoring as well as capital management, allocation concepts and methodology.
- Qualified actuary or other similar risk professional with experience in Financial services
- Experience in the Financial Services sector is a requirement, and experience in the banking sector would be an advantage, as would in working across the African continent outside of SA.
- Additional certifications in risk management would be an added advantage, in particular Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) or Financial Risk Manager Certification (FRM).
- Understanding of capital management is a pre-requisite.
- Reliable, have integrity and display a professional approach.
Company: Old Mutual
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A