Website Nissan Motor Corporation
The Senior Analyst is responsible for reviewing and analyzing credit applications, performing data entry, answering dealer calls. Also responsible for reviewing, coaching and training junior analysts on how to make the best credit decisions, second signing those decisions when necessary and answering escalated calls. Providing dealers with effective customer service.
- Assists the supervisor in the preparation of reports, including month end telephone.
- Coach junior credit analysts on credit decision-making. Assists supervisor with training programs.
- Using a call center telephone system answers all incoming credit dealer calls and makes outbound calls to the dealers when required. Answer escalated calls when necessary.
- Reviews, analyzes and decisions credit applications. Communicates with dealers when more information is required or when the application will be declined or conditioned.
- Performs any necessary investigation on credit applications in order to make an informed decision. Act as backup for the commercial credit analyst in times of absence or increased volumes.
- Willingness to work a flexible work schedule (As early as 8:30 am and as late as 10:00 p.m.) Some Saturdays will be included.
- Bilingual (French/English) written and verbal skills required
- University or College degree preferred
- 1-3 years in auto lending, reading financial statements and credit experience.
- Interpersonal Skills, Complex Problem Solving, Decision-making abilities,
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Leadership or Supervisory role – Ability to train and mentor.
- Proficiency with MS applications
Company: Nissan Motor Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A