As part of the Marketing Legal team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment across the region. Netflix is known for its creative marketing strategy and distinctive brand voice. You will work alongside multiple Marketing and Publicity teams based in London, helping to bring Netflix’s title and brand campaigns to life across the region and the world.
- Responsibilities will vary but may include: providing advice on creative concepts, copy and activations; helping navigate rights management by advising on talent agreements or third party IP rights, advising on marketing/advertising laws; proactively seeking status updates on ongoing campaigns and partnering with cross-functional teams to get campaigns out of the door at short notice; drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements (e.g. talent agreements, creative agency agreements, services agreements, brand partnership and co-promotion agreements, licensing agreements); providing legal training to business partners; creating precedents, toolkits and guidance notes. Occasional travel to other Netflix offices may be required (when it is safe to travel in accordance with any local Covid restrictions).
- You are a qualified lawyer (UK or other territories considered), with a good grounding in intellectual property and commercial law, likely gained in a private practice or in-house role.
- Ideally you will have experience or familiarity with television or film-related agreements (including talent deals).
- You won’t be phased by last minute surprises that come up when marketing a Netflix title.
- You are a strategic, commercial thinker with sound judgment and you focus on practical solutions just as much as getting the “right” legal answer.
- We are keen to add new perspectives and different voices to our London office as we continue to grow. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Your talent, knowledge & experience (however gained) and your fit for Netflix culture are more important than set criteria or PQE levels.
- You are comfortable assessing risk and making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- You are adaptable and happy to work in a role where the work is varied and changeable.
- You are collaborative and able to build great relationships across the business.
- You are intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, and you are excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
- You are able to provide concise and digestible advice to marketing and publicity teams.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A