Website Murray & Roberts
To provide and coordinate engineering input into the preparation of feasibility studies, proposals and tenders, basic and detailed engineering and design, technical procurement support, commissioning assistance and project execution support in accordance with project requirements and timeframes and company procedures; across the platform businesses and particularly to the water business that is engineering led.
- Maintain effective inter-discipline integration with all disciplines like the Process, Mechanical,
- Piping, Civil, Structural, C & I and Electrical Departments.
- Manage effective change control for the specific area of responsibility.
- Provide input during project meetings, HAZOPS’s, client meetings, etc
- Provide detail input to plant reviews in terms of layout, equipment placing, maintainability, operability and all such related factors.
- Generate scope of work specifications that define the work included, work excluded and battery
- limits along with technical requirements for each equipment package.
- Manage and execute progress inspections, FAT’s and final releases for Vendor/Supplier equipment.
- Manage and interface with Vendors/Suppliers and Contractors to meet the project objectives.
- Review Vendor/Supplier documentation for compliance with technical requirements.
- Use computer aided design (CAD) to assist in design and generation of drawings.
- Provide input into the development and optimisation of mechanical drawings and drive development of these drawings through the design and drawing office.
- Compile technical enquiry packages, do technical tender evaluations and compile technical
- “Approved for Purchase” packages.
- Maintain regular and effective engineering input to the design and drawing office.
- Professional Engineer Certification (ECSA)
- Professionally qualified with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience within the water and wastewater treatment sector will be advantageous.
- Working experience in feasibility studies and project execution is required while site based experience during construction and/or commissioning is highly recommended.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety regulations as per the OHS act and MHS act.
- Proven track record of 10 to 15 years relevant engineering experience in project related work with a wide range of mechanical equipment such as pumps, cranes and hoists, compressed air systems, tanks, vessels, fire water systems, fans, screens, membrane technologies, settling tanks, mixers, aerators, blowers, etc.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of all engineering disciplines and their interfaces with each other.
Company: Murray & Roberts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Germiston
Application Deadline: N/A