Website Ministry of Justice
Bailiffs are responsible for the enforcement of civil and possession judgements and for the service of various legal documents, such as divorce petitions and to track and arrest individuals on committal warrants, which includes the need to attend court and transport prisoners to and from prison.
- Serving committal orders/warrants.
- Completing related paperwork and accurately receipting monies received.
- Dealing with queries in person, by post and over the telephone.
- Conveying prisoners to Court and attending in court when required.
- Inputting data and responding to e-mails.
- General administrative duties
- Removing goods where necessary to satisfy outstanding judgments and obtaining possession of properties where it has been so ordered.
- Processing of cash payments with regard to propriety and security of monies.
- Serving Court documents personally.
- 5 GCSE passes (or equivalent) grades A*-C, or NVQ Business Administration level II or experience in a similar role would be preferable.
- There is some computer use (inputting, e-mails, for example) so computer skills to undertake work at the level required is also required.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A