Website Ministry of Justice
This is a role which balances both Usher and clerical duties equally allowing you to work where needed, being an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings as an Usher whilst providing excellent general administrative support to the various teams within HMCTS.
- Amending standard instructions, manuals and directories, circulating and distributing documents, journals etc.
- Copy/audio typing, completing standard letters, forms, registers, etc where the information is clearly defined.
- Straightforward drafting such as acknowledgements and receipting, confirmations, court orders, warrants etc.
- Creating and/or maintaining databases, lists, manuals; completing documents including standard letters, forms, applications, orders, records, registers, statistics etc with clearly defined information using electronic and paper systems.
- Creating, updating, distributing and tracking files, bundles, documents, tapes;
- Providing support to colleagues & judiciary outside of court / hearing times
- Maintaining the Court Library (including e-transcripts and books)
- Sorting and delivering lists of hearings for internal and external notice boards
- Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
- Sort and deliver lists of hearings for internal & external notice boards
- Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post
- Collecting and delivering post from appropriate offices
- Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
- 2 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications OR have experience of working with the public in a busy public service environment.
- Ability to use a computer at the level required for the work.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Helens, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A