Primarily responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, proactive detection, escalation, fault isolation and resolution of IT systems and application service faults. Responsible for providing tier 3 technical support at all layers of the organization. Works independently to creatively problem solve complex high availability applications and systems.
- Mentors and leads Associate Systems Support Specialists and Systems Support Specialists.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical faults related to hardware, software, routing and networks before morphing into impairment or outage.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Stays current with system information, changes and updates.
- Basic system administration tasks (Windows Server, Linux, and UNIX etc.)
- 24×7 support of high availability systems including dynamic scheduling and on-call rotation responsibilities.
- Validates automated and manual functional post maintenance systems.
- Researches questions using available information resources.
- Identifies and addresses technical and process gaps via facilitation of training and collaboration with parallel organizations.
- Experience with or rudimentary understanding of backup processes and remote data storage (NAS)
- Rudimentary understanding of databases, tools and ability to create basic queries
- Experience conducting one-on-one and/or group training
- Familiarity with custom scripting
- Experience with or rudimentary understanding of administration of virtual server environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and manage library of technical and process documentation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A