The Sales and Credit Support role is to proactively support the Relationship Manager (RM) in the optimisation of their contribution towards the Commercial Banking Annual Operating Plan, build sustainable client relationships to improve client engagement and triage product sales opportunities, and coordinate product fulfilment. The role holder will maximise efficiency so the Relationship Manager can focus on growing income
- Assist in the delivery of solutions, products and services appropriate to meet customer need
- Support the Relationship Manager in ensuring we identify customer needs correctly
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- To treat customers fairly in all aspects of strategy, product design & delivery, sales processes, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Facilitating referrals from both existing customers and own network
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Maintaining excellent communication with Group colleagues to ensure a joined up approach to identifying cross border opportunities where these meet customer needs
- Act as a point of reference for internal colleagues and support both new and existing colleagues
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Working with colleagues and relevant departments as appropriate to ensure that all documents are processed in a timely manner
- Help to improve customer engagement
- Work as an integrated member of the team
- Preparing presentations where necessary
- Ensure operational losses and fraud are minimised
- Maintaining excellent communication with key colleagues to ensure a seamless and joined up approach and timely delivery of production for the Relationship Manager and Client.
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers and colleagues in the absence of the Relationship Manager
- Working with the Relationship Manager to promote HSBC’s global capabilities internally and, where appropriate, to external agencies such as Key Business Introducers,
- Chambers of Commerce and other related organisations
- Ability to work without constant direction
- Bilingual French & English
- Analytical and financial skills.
- Good working understanding of the trade cycle and business processes involved when importing and/or exporting
- Commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Understanding of risk management
- Ability to interact with all levels of commercial customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR Master’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good credit knowledge.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sherbrooke, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A