- Works under minimal supervision, with occasional guidance.
- Duties are varied and moderately complex.
- Applies skills in area of specialization.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- May assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level partners.
- Sets example for partners in Pharmacy by role modeling customer service, SOP compliance and business acumen.
- Order new medication
- Process 3rd party prescriptions and manage adjudication review
- Discontinue nonproductive medication: 6 month span
- Verify complete patient information to input into the computer system
- Move faster medication closer to technician
- Keep inventory on weekly basis
- Look for expired medication
- Receive and process written prescriptions from customers using RxEVO computer system
- Maintains automated prescription processing equipment-Kirby Lester
- Process Central Fill Check In
- Provide great customer service and role model service standards, including working closely with Pharmacy Care Representatives (PCRs) in providing patient care
- Verify type of cap required for prescription (child-proof, easy open); replace if necessary
- Hand count control medications, measure liquids, reconstitute antibiotics
- Keep track of back order/vendor delay/discontinued/change in NDC and manufacturer
- Apply computer troubleshooting and prescription application overview
- Keep inventory on dock to dock
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Health Information (PHI) as required by HIPAA
- Make shelf tags
- Input prescription data into computer
- Have an understanding and knowledge of HEB Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and where to access them
- Order bathroom/break room supplies
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work rotating shifts to include weekends; must be flexible to the needs of the business
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Technician Certification Training
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong team orientation, willing to pitch in at any moment for any reason.
- ACR training
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows, TAO, HEB Intranet)
- Must be a self-starter, and be able to work with little direct supervision
- Welcomes working in a team oriented environment and is open to cross-training
- Mathematical skills including calculating measurements
- REVO 501 & 502 training
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds on regular basis
- Must be able to stand (for up to 12 hours), walk, bend, reach, kneel, squat, and reach overhead and side to side throughout shift
- Must possess hand/finger dexterity
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be at least 18 years of age
- State of Texas certification as Pharmacy Technician
- Acquire 20 hours of continuing education every two years
- 1-2 years previous retail experience preferred; pharmacy experience strongly preferred
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Raymondville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A