Website Durban University of Technology - DUT
- Manages relationships with, and regularly assesses needs and views of core customers in order to improve the quality and effectiveness of services e.g. convenes House meetings to address specific issues at the various residences to ensure that Housing team members all focus on delivering customised and effective services.
- Provides Statistical Information and reports.
- Manages performance of team members against agreed targets
- Provides administrative support for students.
- Provides direction to Security department on steps to be taken regarding security matters at the residences e.g. Incidents such as stabbings and other serious security breaches by resident students.
- Develops strategies and plans to implement Housing policies, procedures and systems with specific focus on the following: Residences, Resident Students, Services Management.
- Sets objectives and clarifies roles for team and individuals in line with objectives of the Housing function.
- To implement Housing policies, procedures, plans and systems through effective management of a Housing team in order to ensure both excellent customer service and alignment with the objectives of the Housing function, SS&D and those of the DUT.
- Ability to handle a highly pressurised workplace and meet deadlines.
- Oversees relationships between team members and customers e.g. makes random residence visits to check on the student’s satisfaction with services rendered by the Housing team.
- 3 of which in management role.
- Higher Education Act/Statues/Rules
- SAQA and NQF
- General Computer proficiency.
- Dispute resolution and negotiation skills.
- Financial background.
- M+4 Education/Behavioural sciences/equivalent diploma and 5 years’ experience in tertiary environment,
- Understanding of Higher Education environment.
- Business/commercial understanding.
Company: Durban University of Technology – DUT
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A