Website Durban University of Technology - DUT
The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in one or more emerging areas, develop and sustain externally funded research; engage with industry through the research group; supervise and mentor both undergraduate and postgraduate students; publish articles in quality journals and peer-reviewed conferences, and engage in professional and institutional service and leadership. Evidence of sustained external funding.
- The successful candidate would be required to lecture courses in their specialist areas at any level in the qualifications offered in this Department or Faculty, using effective teaching methods and assessment.
- Assist with administrative duties such as the development of postgraduate courses, short courses to industry, carry out community service and other duties as prescribed by the Head of Department or Representative.
- The successful candidate is required to supervise undergrad and post-graduate students, and actively involved in multi-disciplinary research in the Faculty.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, people management skills, collegiality and professionalism, ability to work with diversity.
- A strong passion for human development and community impact and an ability and desire to advance research development in the Department.
- Evidence of publication track record in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings where the applicant has been previously employed in a University or technical project reports for industry/consulting applicants.
- Evidence of research and post graduate supervision, where the applicant has been previously employed in a University.
- Applicants for this position must have a suitable and relevant Doctoral degree in any of the related fields of interest with relevant professional or industrial or teaching experience.
Company: Durban University of Technology – DUT
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A