Website Dubai Metro
To ensure satisfactory completion of the allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on the Plumbing services and its associated equipment, for all plant and systems contained. Quality of maintenance and repair services and safe working practices are paramount in carrying out the duties.
- To integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil) as required.
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems
- Monitor, top-up, flush, adjust, rectify and /or repair water treatment systems, domestic hot and cold-water systems and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
- Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
- Assist in monitoring water consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
- Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance of storage tanks, sanitary ware, fixtures and fittings (taps, showers, thermostatic mixer valves, cisterns and others) domestic hot and cold-water system, pipework, drainage system, water treatment systems, including pumps and valves of all types and water based firefighting systems.
- Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of buildings Plumbing services and associated equipment.
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Minimum three (4) years of experience as plumber in a commercial buildings or hospital or other facilities management building services engineering environment.
- Must hold relevant and recognized qualifications in the discipline, or equivalent.
- Technical qualification or diploma in pump maintenance or engineering
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of Plumbing systems throughout.
- Six Sigma certification is a preference (Yellow Belt/Green Belt/Black Belt)
Company: Dubai Metro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A