The Registered Nurse will render and promote cost effective, safe quality patient care in accordance to hospital standards and policies. The incumbent will further be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs, is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
- Attend handover of report at shift commencement. Audit of health records to ensure compliance.
- Cary out all departmental duties as assigned, and perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and control.
- Administer and store medication in accordance with the hospital policies. Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
- Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care.
- Promote and maintain good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors.
- Contribute to the holistic care of patients.
- Practice patient care according to the Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities.
- Three or more years of experience in a private hospital
- Working experience in private healthcare or healthcare funding industry will be advantageous
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
- Relevant experience in all of the nursing disciplines is essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Rand
Application Deadline: N/A