Website Big Lots Stores
Primarily responsible for developing and leading a dynamic furniture team and driving top-line furniture sales. Accountable for the furniture department’s overall performance, including furniture merchandising, presentation, and recovery standards, as well as for furniture sales metrics. Works collaboratively with store leadership to accomplish operational goals and tasks to help drive overall store performance. When serving as Manager on Duty, leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related activities on the sales floor.
- Assists customers with product information, selection, and purchase and ensures third party delivery program is marketed to customers and understood by associates.
- Leads and directs the activities of the furniture department and is responsible for the operational performance of the department, including furniture sales and related processes, customer service, and merchandising and presentation standards.
- Identifies furniture display needs in sufficient time to allow displays to be built and merchandising standards to be achieved.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, and training of associates in collaboration with store leadership. May complete performance evaluations as directed.
- Maintains furniture department inventory, including cycle counts, in an effort to maximize sales and inventory turn.
- Manages the price hold process, including weekly audits.
- Strives to continually improve the furniture department’s sales and ensures merchandising and presentation standards, signage, recovery, and cleanliness are maintained.
- Develops plans for furniture department coverage during special events.
- Provides clear work direction and coaching to furniture sales team members regarding all aspects of the sales process, including merchandising and presentation standards, new product information, competing product comparisons, cashiering, lease to purchase, price holds, and display assembly.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Minimum three years retail sales experience including people management preferred.
- Demonstrated furniture merchandising and sales skills required.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
- Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Strong customer service, decision-making, and problem resolution skills required.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durant, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A