Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble is seeking a temporary Accounts Receivable Clerk for approximately 3 – 4 months to support transactions/collections. This role will work closely with the Accounts Receivable Manager, and will have extensive communication with both external customers (mainly school and non-profit) as well as B&N stores.
- Communicate with both customers and B&N stores in order to provide resolution on open receivables pertaining to invoices within customer accounts. The end goal is that customer obligations are met through payment in full for outstanding invoices
- Collect past due items on Barnes & Noble’s Institutional and Corporate customer accounts
- Responsible for handling customer disputes (i.e., on receipt of items/books) by researching and validating issues, and obtaining proper support documentation
- Make outbound calls to Institutional customers and B&N stores to facilitate closure on open receivables and to keep bad debt and A/R balance low.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Must be able to work in our Monroe Township, NJ office 5 days per week
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Prior work experience with Oracle Accounts Receivable software required
- Prior collections experience required
- Detail oriented
- Good organizational skills
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Monroe Corporate, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A