Website Anova Health Institute
The incumbent will lead and manage technical programme specialists, the community HIV testing programme and other projects including Private Sector and NHI initiatives, supporting the integration of programme delivery approaches in specific technical and clinical areas and ensuring the continuity of service and communications across provincial, district and facility-levels where Anova operates.
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of Anova’s HIV/TB programme strategy for specific population groups, including
- Paediatric, Adolescents, Pregnant & Breastfeeding women, Men, and TB/HIV co-infected clients.
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of the Out of Facility Programme Plan in line with the HIV/TB 90-90-90 strategy and the National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs, Anova’s strategies, DoH and donor requirements, annual programme activities and work plans by leveraging the Anova team.
- Manage and mentor senior and mid-level personnel responsible for the direct management of programme teams and sub-awardees.
- Coordinate closely with Anova’s senior management and the relevant HR teams to appropriately resource the relevant central and district-level teams.
- Support Anova’s initiatives to promote the systemic application of high-quality HIV/TB interventions; lead and/or contribute to the development of strategies and technical guidance for the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions and projects.
- Actively participate in Anova’s senior management team, providing guidance and support to the other programmes, activities, and special projects across the organisation.
- Review all aspects of programme-related internal and external reporting to ensure high quality data and/or service delivery.
- Anticipate implementation challenges and work with the appropriate Heads of Division or Team Leads, develop, resource and implement corrective measures.
- Ensure that quality systems, structures, policies and procedures required for the successful implementation of the programme are in place to deliver performance outputs that are consistent with relevant PEPFAR indicators and Anova’s performance management guidance.
- Proven experience leading and managing a team of diverse technical experts while fostering teamwork and producing high-quality outputs.
- A Medical Degree coupled with a minimum of 10 years of progressively related experience in HIV/TB/PMTCT programme implementation.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, responsibility, and capacity for effective communication, liaison and coordination of stakeholders at all levels, including government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, CBOs and FBOs, business and private practitioners.
- In-depth understanding of the South African Health Systems and previous experience working in the DOH/donor-funded environment.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, leading and managing out of facility HIV-service delivery, with working knowledge of linkages between workforce expansion, CCDMD, ward-based outreach teams, community health workers, etc.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the UNAIDS 90-90-90 strategy and other health related policies, latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines and PEPFAR HIV/TB programme performance indicators.
- Previous Senior Leadership, subgrantee/contract oversight and five years of supervisory management experience.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in public health, social work, health or business administration, or a related field is an added advantage
- Experience working with complex, multi-million dollar programmes across geographic areas.
- Proficiency in MS Office
Company: Anova Health Institute
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A