The Sourcing Specialist supports strategic procurement and category management processes that create sustainable value through lower costs, improved supplier performance and efficiency with a keen appreciation/consideration for Business Partner needs and priorities. Works with cross-functional teams in the implementation of category management processes. Conducts research and analysis to develop strategy and drive decision-making regarding spend, suppliers and markets.
- Spend Analysis: Coordinate with and leverage market, supplier, and spend analyses with Sourcing Analysts to inform category strategies and competitive solicitations (e.g., RFQs). Help implement, in collaboration with Portfolio Managers and Category Managers, leading practices for spend/market analysis to develop value-adding sourcing strategies.
- Strategic Sourcing: Execute sourcing strategies based on Category Manager guidance and leading practices and provide commercial and procurement expertise to deliver optimal outcomes. Develop competitive solicitation, bid evaluation, and negotiations materials. Support bid evaluation, negotiation strategy development, and negotiation execution. Develop contracting documentation based on established (and negotiated) terms and conditions, pricing, performance criteria, and any risk mitigations.
- Category Management: Support Portfolio Managers and Category Managers in category management activities and processes that ensure Business Partner satisfaction and value creation. Support regular assessment of Business Partner requirements and matching procurement plans to meet/adapt to business needs. Seek to develop category expertise, market dynamics and trends knowledge, insights about suppliers, pricing, and negotiating tactics.
- MBA or other related graduate degree preferred
- BA/BS degree required; preferably in Engineering, Business, Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain, Digital, or other related field
- Ability to be persuasive and build credibility internally and externally
- Ability to provide guidance to develop and evolve category management processes, develop metrics, and engage suppliers on operational, strategic, and financial issues
- Strong customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management skills
- Proficient with the MS Office suite
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with an ability to communicate with suppliers and business partners
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) preferred
- Ability to lead multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- 5+ years of directly relevant work experience, including experience working with cross-functional teams
- Candidates with an advanced degree or Doctorate will be considered with three or more years of experience.
- Sourcing experience, preferably within the utility, manufacturing, or construction sector
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A