The Distribution System Service Dispatcher is responsible for assisting the Distribution System Operating Supervisors in the operation of the sub-transmission and distribution system in a safe and cost effective manner to ensure continuity of electric service to customers as well as restoring electric service to customers in a timely manner. They also assist the local service centers with after-hours duties.
- Verifies with field personnel the correct location of outages, changes the state of identified devices in the ORMAP system to ensure the proper outage counts are documented.
- Monitors incoming calls to the Distribution Control Office (DCO).
- Assists in restoring outages in a safe and timely manner, including notifying field Duty Supervisors and organizing outage notifications. This includes analyzing information from a variety of electronic systems, operating manuals, customer calls, and any pertinent information from field workers to determine the extent and the cause of outages.
- Assists in dispatching and directing field personnel in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner in response to electric system outages and emergencies.
- During emergency storm restoration efforts, verifies system damage with field personnel that are patrolling the system and makes changes in ORMAP to reflect the current state of the distribution system.
- Monitors the outage management display and initiates the response to incoming outages and service requests. This includes initiating ARCOS callouts for field employees, creating maintenance outages, responding to metering orders, and creating emergency JULIE tickets.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Two or more year’s relevant experience (e.g., distribution systems, electric utility operations, outage management systems, electric mapping systems, dispatch experience, etc.) required. May consider Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in lieu of experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peoria, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A