Website Air Canada
The Airport Service Help Desk Specialist provides 24/7, 365-day support to Airport Amadeus/Altea DCS users worldwide and E-ticket partners when required. Provide day of oversight of ops and act as a point of contact for the Airport Service Help Desk coordinators providing assistance and technical expertise to on shift team.
- Escalate unresolved problems with due concern for expediency
- Provide resolutions to problems.
- Record and prioritize calls, escalating according to their relative impact on the operational integrity of Air Canada
- Provide core database support during off-hours.
- Raise trouble reports to document system problems and malfunction.
- Answer E-ticket questions (association, push/obtain control, changing status, cancel FRFT, etc.)
- Provide explanation to users including coaching and training
- Train and coach staff
- Provide DCS support to users (resolve baggage tag issues, seat map queries, Edifact through check-in issues, clarify Timatic, support name changes, transfer customers from one flight to another, assist in handling denied boarding situations and entering hand back information)
- Provide support to IFS Flight Attendants in the navigation of ACU (Air Canada University)
- Contact the OAL helpdesks on behalf of our agents.
- Be the point of contact for Airports with regards to CCS (Common Customer Servicing) for Star
- Alliance Partners, proving seamless travel for passengers travelling on any Star Partner.
- Liaise with IT Development, IBM and Amadeus teams on problems identified as trends and provide quality assurance feedback.
- Develop and maintain strong competency in all technical areas of Airport Amadeus/Altea DCS (i.e Reservations, Departure Control System, Ticketing, etc.)
- Process incoming calls from Airports Amadeus/Altea DCS users: provide assistance to Customer Sales and Service agents on inquiries/problems related to Airport Amadeus/Altea DCS system and procedures.
- Dispatch unresolved problems to 2nd level or 3rd level parties and follow-up on issues;
- Ability to work independently
- Aptitude for computer systems and technologies (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, including evening, overnight and holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Altea/Amadeus and ACpedia
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Self-starter and able to identify/action areas for improvements
- Background in Customer Service with strong experience in Airport functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Air Canada products, policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A