Website Air Canada
To provide guidance and oversight to the ACM site managers and represent Air Canada Maintenance & Engineering at the MRO Vendor to ensure accomplishment of all Air Canada Airframe maintenance being undertaken.
- Responsible for adherence to Transport Canada, Air Canada and any other applicable regulatory authority quality and process requirements by the MRO.
- Oversee and approve spend for annual budget for the station responsible.
- Clearly understand and manage the maintenance agreement between Air Canada and Vendor and how it applies to aircraft events regarding regulatory requirements and financials.
- Lead all aspects of maintenance activities related to Air Canada events with respect to the MRO.
- Responsible for the total costs of Airframe Maintenance incurred at the assigned MRO.
- Coach the Air Canada Site Managers to represent ACM Management to the MRO and be accountable for all on-site contractual and commercial issues and handle all escalations.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives with MROs to ensure they meet commercial expectations.
- Create Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for the MROs.
- Review and dispute labor and material charges for each event that are not per the maintenance agreement.
- Address any discrepancies in Vendor invoices prior to their submission to Air Canada Accounts Receivable.
- Participate in the MRO Daily Production Meetings and actively engage in the conversation to ensure the check progress is meeting the daily target.
- Approve work scope variations, over & above labor and material costs including impacts on the TAT.
- Provide feedback to the appropriate Air Canada departments, include documentation of the problem and potential resolution.
- Oversee and identify strategic initiatives by streamlining processes with vendors and representatives to ensure ACM can continuously improve its Maintenance Programs, costs of maintenance and turn-around times.
- Direct and provide leadership to the ACM site managers.
- Set clear direction and objectives by establishing KPI’s with the Vendor and using Continuous Improvement principles.
- Good knowledge of invoicing and financial reconciliation procedures
- Good knowledge on MS Windows, MS office, MS Project
- Familiar with TRAX operating procedures
- Experience in developing or managing MRO contracts
- Willingness to travel.
- Basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance contracts & contracting
- Experience in large scale program and project planning
- Familiar with Air Canada company procedures
- Demonstrated effective communication ability (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain B2B relationships at a senior level in organizations.
- Degree / Diploma or equivalent in Airframe & Engine maintenance.
- Holder of a current ICAO Type 2 AME License (on applicable type preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in the execution of large transport category aircraft heavy maintenance
- Minimum 5 years supervisory/management experience in a technical field
- Good knowledge of Transport Canada aviation regulations and norms
- Good knowledge of large transport category aircraft heavy maintenance work processes
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dorval, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A